Wednesday, November 16, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things...

Kissing a baby's belly.
I know it might sound weird, but there's nothing like the feeling of kissing that soft baby belly. It's even better when it makes them laugh.

Chopping things.
This is the best after a really bad day at work. Works out the angst. Get yourself a nice thick piece of meat and chop it up, then cut up onions and peppers and whatever else. By the end, you'll have a good meal and you will have worked out all stresses.

A truly hot shower.
These days, we don't have truly hot water coming out of the tap. Too many worries that the babies will, someday, scald themselves. But a good long hot shower, the kind that makes my skin red from standing under it, is devine. I long for one of those.

Crunching Leaves.
It's fall, people. The time of year when Mama Nature sends those down the leaves to die on our sidewalks. It's our duty to step on them. In the same way as crunching leaves, I also enjoy stepping on acorns and making them pop.

The first cold day.
I like to be able to wear different clothes. I live in Florida, so being able to put on a long sleeve shirt is nice.

The first warm day.
Like I said, I live in Florida. Under 70 is considered a cool day. I like the warm.

A really, truly good night's sleep.
And I mean uninterupted-sleep like a baby-wake up feeling great kind of sleep. This is the night's sleep that doesn't often happen, but when it does...you know it.

Responsibility.
Strange to see this on my list. I like being trusted and suceeding at wha I do when I am trusted.

Planning a good party.
And I don't mean a kid's party. My wife and I planned a few parties together, one of them bing our wedding...and we had a great wedding.

I'm going to stop this now. It seems I have a lot of favorite things. For now, I think I'll go try and have the perfect night's sleep then wake up and take a hot shower.

What're your favs?

No comments: