Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I only have a few minor updates to my life to report.

First, I've decided to get a treadmill. The other day, I was writing a comment on someone else's blog site in which they asked about when people exercise. While I was writing my usual story as to why I don't - the kids, no time, etc. I realized that I DO have time to exercise, I just don't have any preparation time. In order to go to a gym, for instance, I would need to get up and get ready then drive to the gym, work out, drive home THEN start getting ready for work. As it is, I wake up at 5:30am. Why sleep!?! If I get a treadmill at home, it would cut that time in half and I could probably squeeze it in.

Secondly, I'm going to be 40 next January. While that's not really news, because it was bound to happen after this year's 39th birthday, the real news is that we're planning on taking a cruise to celebrate. I haven't been on a boat in years, so I'm hoping it'll be fun. Wife had been asking me what I wanted to do for my 40th and, frankly, I couldn't think of what I wanted. Birthdays are birthdays. I like cake, but I couldn't figure out what to do that's was "big". She and my mom came up with the cruise suggestion and it sounds like a blast to me. By the way, next year will also be Mom's 70th birthday - so this is now a double celebration.

Not much else going on in E World. The kids are both sickly - Boo has strep and Pea has a cough (she was already on antibiotics, so she probably doesn't have strep). Wife has a mystery ailment since Monday night - started with stomach issues and has settled to sharp pains in her abdomen. Doctor tells her it was food poisoning, but I ate what she ate (and so did about ten other people). I have a theory, so we'll see. I'm still healthy, thank goodness. I stayed home with Wife yesterday, which was nice. I worked most of the time, but it was nice to have a quiet day at home for once.

Funny, Wife and I still agree that we hear the kids in the house even when they're not around. A faraway dog will howl and I perk up thinking it's Pea crying somewhere in the house. It's sick.

That's all for now.

No comments: