Saturday, February 02, 2008

I get the message. Now what?

So, those of you who knew Diana knew that she frequently would start an obsession, work with it days (and nights) until she understood it and could deal with it. An example would be her genealogy projects or fractals - which she hated. I always would keep an eye out for the next small obsession and then, once she had time to chew on it, I'd read what she had to say about it.

One of Diana's final obsessions had to do with repeating numbers. Like, she'd look at the clock and,she reported that she kept seeing repeated numbers (i.e. 1:11pm or 4:44am). It was a theme that she obsessed slightly about and reported in her blog over the last months of her life. I don't recall when it began, but I sort of payed attention to it. It interested me.

I don't remember what her explanation was for these repeated numbers, it's buried in her blog somewhere. The reason I'm telling you about this is because now, it's happening to me! And I've started to just talk back to Diana.

Example:
Once, I was going into a very stressful situation at work. I'm sitting there waiting to enter the room where an auditor will question me on a subject that I'm not all THAT comfortable with. My legs are twitching as I try and remember all I've been taught about these situation. Just before I'm to go in, I glance at my watch. It's 1:11pm.

Example:
Wife and I are arguing. I've had enough. She goes to bed. My stress level is at it's peak and I can't sleep. I look over at the clock on the DVR and it reads 2:22am.

These are only a few of what I've seen...and I've just decided to just smile, chuckle and answer back.

Finally, we come to today. I'm early for work, having left at 6:30am. I get most of the way there and I look at the clock. It's 6:56am. I say out loud "Ha! You can't do that one! The clock won't go to 6:66am!" Fast forward to my drive home tonight. I happen to glance at my odometer: 60666. I mean, come on!

So, I'm just putting it out there. Maybe she just wants me to send a message to all her peeps. So here goes...

Joy, Daniel, Stacy, Bill, Matt, Pat, Marty and whoever I might be missing...Diana says hi.

1 comment:

Emerald said...

I miss her. Every stinking day, I miss her.