Today was my first day at the new job. It went a little something like this...
I had 4 hours of Human Resources babble about benefits, safety, harrassment, drug screenings and charities...then less than 4 hours of nothing. That second part is the really interesting one. I went in to find out that the new bossman wasn't in today. I was shown to my office, a white room with a white desk and a white cabinet, and stayed there until I left.
Not a stellar first day, but I shall look on the bright side. This was probably my last goof-off day in a while. I'm doubting that this new position (one in which, by the by, my office has an actual door and not a cubicle wall separating me from the next schmoe) is going to allow me much goofing off at all.
And I love goofing off. It's not just a hobby, it's a state of mind. I can remember days not so long ago when I would do nothing. Nothing. Ah, the elusive nothing. I don't do nothing anymore. Now, my days are always full. Full of family and fun when I'm home and, I'm sure, full of stress and worry during the week.
Or maybe it won't be like that. Maybe I'll actually be fullfill by this job. Maybe it's not a job at all, but a career. Something I can build and shape and fall flat on my backside off of.
I'm no pesimist. I'm just tired after a long day of not nothing.
Monday, August 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment