When I awoke, my eyes were closed. Opening them revealed it all to me.
A wide open space stretched in all directions. Framed below by the stark white surface on which I was standing and covered by the vivid blue sky above. That was all that I saw there, the ground and the sky. Well, I think it was ground and I think it was sky.
It was brightly lit all around. So much so that I could see to the horizon and realized that the usual slight curve of the earth was missing. This ground on which I stood was as flat as it could be.
Only after I turned around did I see the light. Before that, I had assumed that the brilliant white light that was illuminating this place was been from some unseen sun. No, this light was right there near me. Perhaps three meters from where I stood, it hovered above the ground. Hovered is, perhaps, the wrong term. It really stood or sat above the ground, though there was nothing that it sat on nor was it standing at all. It just was.
Now, you would think, like I had, that something that was lighting up this vast landscape with such precision would be far too bright to stare into. I recall as a boy trying to look into the sun and the headaches I endured because of the effort. No, this wasn't a sun at all. Upon closer inspection, I could see that this was more of a point or thread. As I stared longer, the thread became clearer still until I could see the smaller parts that the thread were made of, each emanating a bright white light that warmed me to see.
Amazingly, I continued to stare at the thread and found my clarity rose yet again. Now I was watching the smallest components of light, a community of brilliance, dancing in intricate designs as they bounced from one to the other and back again. I saw the pattern in the movement. I heard their music.
I began to move, myself. The music of the light filled me and my dance became my life. My body rose above the ground as I moved faster and faster and I felt the most joy I had ever felt. Love. Happiness. Purity.
The flatness of the ground moved further away as my dance continued and I was wrapped in the light, saturated by it. I was the light. The light was me. And I danced and I elated in the music that I realized I was making. My dance was making the music and my music made my dance.
The blue sky moved closer and then away at an amazing speed. I threw my head back and laughed as the light of the music filled me.
All at once, there was silence.
When I awoke, my eyes were closed. Opening them revealed it all to me.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment