There must be an alignment of the planet, because here I am posting another time within a week. I know, I know. You're all saying "it's about time, loser" (maybe not the loser part, that was for dramatic effect).
I've thought, recently, about why I don't seem to get on here as much. Why am I not posting? Mostly because I think that my repetitive life would bore the hell out of anyone who decided to read these. Then, at a separate time, I started to consider forming another blog that would just be focused on my weight loss and exercise efforts. Finally, it came to me.
THAT is what I'll put here. You all want to know what I'm doing? I'll tell you what I'm doing.
There will now be a new course for this blog. This is now the "Everything E's Doing to Reduce the Size of his Ass" blog. (I'm still working on the name...even though the name won't really change.)
This is a new phase in my life and this blog is supposed to be about MY LIFE. Plus, if it's truly who I am, I should embrace it and bring my friends the news of my adventures. Besides, having to tell you people about it will make me more accountable. And I urge you to complaint, if I haven't posted in, say, a week. I should post AT LEAST once a week.
Look forward to updates that focus on my weight loss journey (love that diet lingo) and my struggles with my running.
First, a little background on the subject as it pertains to...me. I follow the structured approach of Weight Watchers (WW). I find that tracking my food in-take helps me stay in control. There's a small part of me that fears tracking my food forever, but I'll deal with that when forever comes. WW has weekly weigh-ins (WI). That'll likely be what you hear about the most. My WI is on Saturday morning.
I began WW on July 19, 2008. At my first WI, I weighed 278 pounds. I knew what I was doing, so there was no dieting before I got on the scale. I wanted to see the real number there and get credit for any loss I would have that first week. First week losses are always big.
I didn't start running for about a month. I don't remember the exact day of my first run, but it was a morning run. Mornings are when I like to run. It's cooler and, since I get up before the run, it's nice and dark. Being a redhead makes me less attracted to sunny days.
I ran my first 5k race on October 5, 2008. It was a race benefiting breast cancer and I organized a team at my work, but I was focused on the race. I made it, but had to walk part of the way. I've done one other race since then and there's one at the end of this month.
I've been struggling to get back into training, since I hurt my back in late November 2008. I did some physical therapy (people in the biz just call it PT - I'm not in the biz). I feel better now, but it's hard to get back to it.
I've written enough for now. In the coming posts, I'll go into subject such as my motivations, what I think about when I run, how I've changed my eating habits, etc.
I hope this doesn't bore the heck out of you. It's what I do now, so you get to hear about it.
By the way, my WI was today. I weighed in at 229.0 pounds. 49 pounds gone for good. I feel great.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment