Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just a Summer Starter Update

So, a little good news.  I've broken past the 270 mark!  Wait, did I ever tell you what I weighed when I started this whole diet thing?  282.6 pounds!  Not good, but I've taken control again and I'm on the road to recovery.  This morning, I got on the scale and I'm at 268.6 pounds - a loss of 14 pounts in this first month! 
 
I'm kind of used to not eating carbs, but I need to start adding some veggies (aka carbs).  Hopefully, it doesn't decrease my weight loss, but I'll probably be struggling a little as my body adjusts.  I haven't decided whether I want to alternate weeks or alternate days on the pure protein / protein-veggie phase of the diet.  (See http://www.mydukandiet.com to understand what I'm talking about.)
 
In other news, it's Summer!  The kids are in camps in the morning this week and at my folks in the afternoon.  We're planning a roadtrip (kids, folks and I) later in the Summer - excited about that!
 
That's all for now.  Just wanted to post an update, in case anyone is reading this.  ;-)

No comments: